MEMBERS! Please log in for access to the member-protected area of the website. Welcome!
Don’t have login information? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll send it right out!
Not a Member?! Can we talk? The benefits to membership are numerous and include:
- CTCNS represents members at Federal and Provincial levels, with Partners as well as Canadian and American Christmas Tree Associations
- CTCNS promotes the purchase of Real Nova Scotia Christmas Trees domestically and abroad – including a television commercial, television interviews and demonstrations, radio guest spots, Newspaper articles, Online promotions.
- CTCNS supports Dalhousie University in developing state of the art Balsam Fir trees – the SMART Tree and only Members will be permitted to benefit
- CTCNS supports Agriculture and Agri-food Canada is developing state of the art pest controls, specifically for Christmas Trees in Nova Scotia
- CTCNS supports advertising campaigns in the United States and is the only Canadian organization with a seat on the Board of the American National Christmas Tree Association (NCTA)
- CTCNS offers information and programming to help Christmas Tree growers and others in the industry be successful
- CTCNS engages growers from all parts of Nova Scotia
- CTCNS promotes the Balsam Fir tree by partnering to make, for example, a Balsam Fir Beer which sold during the 2016 Christmas season and a Balsam Fir jelly recipe soon to be published
- CTCNS provides marketing materials
- CTCNS provides opportunities to network with other growers and partners
- CTCNS produces and publishes the Nova Scotia Christmas Tree Journal, in its 30th volume, for members – the publication is full of reports from industry leaders and partners, updates on projects, updates on news (e.g. Spruce Budworm), stories from growers, tricks of the trade, buy and sell section, a full feature on a grower per issue and more! NSFA and DNR communicate with members through the Journal, as well as other advertisers.